If you had to guess what the favorite salad dressing in the U.S. is, what would you pick? We all have our personal favorites, but new research from Kraft takes the guesswork out of it. The company is revealing “America’s Flavor-ite Dressings,” which tells us the favorite Kraft dressing in each state.
To come up with the list, Kraft determined which dressings each state purchased the most “relative to the national average.” The results show that ranch is pretty popular, as you might expect, but another dressing claims the most states.
- Classic Catalina is the favorite in 16 states - Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey, Delaware, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma, Montana and Nevada.
- Classic Ranch dressing is the favorite in 14 states - North Dakota, Minnesota, Michigan, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Mississippi, Kansas, New Mexico and Arkansas
- Thousand Island is the favorite in seven states - Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Nebraska, Alabama, Wisconsin and Kentucky.
- Zesty Italian also wins in seven states - California, Wyoming, Utah, Colorado, Louisiana, Pennsylvania and Ohio.
- Raspberry Vinaigrette is the favorite in Texas and Arizona
- Chunky Blue Cheese gets one state - Iowa
- South Dakota is split between Creamy Poppyseed and Coleslaw dressing.
- And Hawaii and Alaska are left out of the “Flavor-ite Dressings” map altogether.