“The Masked Singer” is making some changes for season 9. It premieres a week from tomorrow with host Nick Cannon and panelists Nicole Scherzinger, Ken Jeong, Robin Thicke and Jenny McCarthy-Wahlberg all returning. Here’s what to expect:
- Sudden elimination and double unmaskings in every episode.
- Panelists will have the opportunity to save a singer from elimination with the "Ding Dong Keep It On" Bell which can only be used once per group.
- The stage design will now put the audience in the spotlight more.
- Theme nights will continue this year.
- Themes include "Abba Night," "New York Night," "DC Superhero Night," "Sesame Street Night," "'80s Night," "Movie Night," and "The Masked Singer in Space Night."
- Costumes include the newly revealed Gnome, Mustang, and Medusa.
- Thicke and Scherzinger are expected to return to the stage for a couple of special performances.
- Damar Hamlin will be part of one of the episodes.