In case you missed it...
During the 2023 Grammy Awards, Kacey Musgraves paid tribute to the late country icon Loretta Lynn by playing Lynn's signature song "Coal Miner's Daughter." She played the song on Lynn's 1963 Epiphone acoustic guitar, which had Lynn's name inscribed on the fretboard. Musgraves expressed how much it meant to her to be able to honor Lynn on Twitter after the show. “10 year old me singing Loretta’s songs would never have imagined I’d be putting my hands right where she made magic for decades. (Her 1963 Epiphone was a dream to play.),” Musgraves tweeted. Loretta Lynn’s daughters looked to have responded, tweeting back on the singer’s twitter. “Thank you @KaceyMusgraves, for this beautiful tribute. The love all of you have shown us for our mom is beyond words.”
Josh Turner is celebrating the 20th anniversary of his iconic album and song "Long Black Train" by going on tour! The tour is named after the anniversary of his 2003 debut album. The singer is also releasing a special edition vinyl of "Long Black Train" May 19th. “I wrote this song during my senior year at Belmont University, and I remember thinking to myself, no one is going to want to hear this old-timey gospel song. Thankfully, God placed a few folks in my life that thought differently and here we are celebrating the 20th Anniversary of ‘Long Black Train,” Turner reminisced. The "Long Black Train 20th Anniversary Tour" starts on March 4 in Dothan, Alabama and will stop in several cities around the US through September. The tour will end September 23rd in Columbus, MN, for a total of 25 different venues! Additional dates are expected to be announced. Check out the first tour dates below, and the full list here!
- 3/4 - Dothan, AL - The Plant
- 3/6 - Plant City, FL - Florida Strawberry Festival 2023
- 3/24 - Tuscon, AZ - Rialto Theatre
- 3/25 - Wickenburg, AZ - Party in the Desert
- 4/13 - Lancaster, PA - American Music Theatre
- 4/14 - Jim Thorpe, PA - Penn’s Peak
- 5/5 - Hot Springs, AR - Oaklawn Racing Casino
- 6/3 - Pender, NE - Cattlemen’s Ball of Nebraska
- 6/9 - Nelsonville, OH - Black Diamond Music & Arts Festival
- 6/10 - Renfro Valley, KY - Renfro Valley Entertainment Center