The term “Junk Sleep” has over 35 million views on TikTok alone and is becoming a big issue for those trying to rest and recharge. Junk sleep is when you get enough hours of sleep, but wake up feeling tired and have to force yourself out of bed.
Here are some signs you have been getting junk sleep:
- You wonder if you even slept or how you’re going to be able to function
- You’re not doing so well emotionally, mentally or physically.
- You don’t believe sleep is important
So, what causes junk sleep? Here are some factors:
- Environmental. Pets, kids, your SO snoring, traffic, and a loud TV
- Bad habits like scrolling through your phone or watching a movie while in bed
The good news is, you can get rid of most of the factors that keep you from sleeping. Remember to make your bedroom an oasis, not a fun room.