In case you missed it...
The Brothers Osborne will soon have two more fans. Band member John Osborne made the announcement on his Instagram Story that he and wife Lucie Silvas are expecting twins! The couple underwent IVF to conceive the kiddos! The babies will join their puppy sibling, bernadoodle Django.
The 56th Annual CMA Awards are in the books. Hosted by Luke Bryan and Peyton Manning, the live show went down at the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville.
- The big winners of the night? Luke Combs - who scored Album of the Year and Entertainer. Lainey Wilson walked away as Female Vocalist of the Year and Chris Stapleton (Male Vocalist of the Year) Old Dominion (Group of the Year) and Brothers Osborne (Duo of the Year)
- Big moments of the night? There were many! But the biggest? The Loretta Lynn tribute, which saw Carrie Underwood performing "You Ain't Woman Enough," Miranda Lambert singing "Don't Come Home a Drinkin' " and Reba McEntire offering up "You're Lookin at Country." Then? They teamed up on Lynn's classic, "Coal Miner's Daughter." Later in the night, Carly Pearce - with Ricky Skaggs by her side - performed her own tribute, "Dear Miss Loretta.)
- Cole Swindell performed "She Had Me at Heads Carolina"...and was joined by Jo Dee Messina to duet her 1996 hit "Heads Carolina, Tails California." Epic.
- Lainey Wilson blew the roof off of the Bridgestone Arena when she and Hardy sang their duet, "Wait In The Truck."
- Chris and Morgane Stapleton got an assist from Patty Loveless for a rendition of "You'll Never Leave Harlan Alive."
- The War and Treaty and Brothers Osborne lit up the joint with their performance of the Rolling Stones' "It's Only Rock 'n Roll"...and later, Elle King and The Black Keys teamed up on Jerry Lee Lewis' "Great Balls of Fire." Speaking of being lit and things being on fire...Elle's piano? Yup...actual fire.
- Wynonna Judd marking her first awards show appearance since the tragic April death of her mom, country legend Naomi Judd. She presented the award for Vocal Duo of the Year to Brothers Osborne. And John Osborne? He revealed onstage that his wife Lucie Silvas is not only pregnant...but with twins! "I love you, babe," he said. "You're going to be an amazing mom."
- The biggest event of the night? Alan Jackson receiving the CMA Willie Nelson Lifetime Achievement Award - and paying tribute..Dierks Bentley, Jon Pardi, Carrie Underwood and Lainey Wilson. Carrie kicked things off with Jackson's classic, "Remember When"...then Dierks took over to perform Alan's classic, "Chattahoochee." Jon was up next with Alan's "Drive (For Daddy Gene)" and then Lainey kicked out Alan's "Chasin' That Neon Rainbow." Rounding out the incredible performance was the man himself - who had the entire arena dancing and singing along to his hit, "Don't Rock the Jukebox."
What about the winners?
Entertainer of the Year
- Luke Combs **WINNER**
- Miranda Lambert
- Chris Stapleton
- Carrie Underwood
- Morgan Wallen
Single of the Year
- "Buy Dirt" - Jordan Davis featuring Luke Bryan (Producer: Paul DiGiovanni, Mix Engineer: Jim Cooley)
- "Half of My Hometown" - Kelsea Ballerini (feat. Kenny Chesney) (Producers: Kelsea Ballerini, Ross Copperman, Jimmy Robbins, Mix Engineer: Dan Grech-Marguerat)
- "Never Wanted To Be That Girl" - Carly Pearce and Ashley McBryde (Producers: Shane McAnally, Josh Osborne, Mix Engineer: Ryan Gore)
- "'Til You Can't" - Cody Johnson (Producer: Trent Willmon, Mix Engineer: Jack Clarke) **WINNER**
- "You Should Probably Leave" - Chris Stapleton (Producers: Dave Cobb, Chris Stapleton, Mix Engineer: Vance Powell)
Album of the Year
- "Growin' Up" - Luke Combs (Producers: Luke Combs, Chip Matthews, Jonathan Singleton, Mix Engineers: Jim Cooley, Chip Matthews) **WINNER** (His second win in the category)
- "Humble Quest" - Maren Morris (Producer: Greg Kurstin, Mix Engineer: Serban Ghenea)
- "Palomino" - Miranda Lambert (Producers: Luke Dick, Miranda Lambert, Jon Randall, Mikey Reaves, Mix Engineer: Jason Lehning)
- "Sayin' What I'm Thinkin'" - Lainey Wilson (Producer: Jay Joyce, Mix Engineer: F. Reid Shippen)
- "Time, Tequila & Therapy" - Old Dominion (Producers: Shane McAnally, Old Dominion, Mix Engineer: Justin Niebank)
Song of the Year
- "Buy Dirt" - Songwriters: Jacob Davis, Jordan Davis, Josh Jenkins, Matt Jenkins (performed by Jordan Davis and feat. Luke Bryan) **WINNER**
- "Never Wanted To Be That Girl" - Songwriters: Shane McAnally, Ashley McBryde, Carly Pearce (performed by Ashley McBryde, Carly Pearce)
- "Sand In My Boots" - Songwriters: Ashley Gorley, Michael Hardy, Josh Osborne (performed by Morgan Whallen)
- "Things A Man Oughta Know" - Songwriters: Jason Nix, Jonathan Singleton, Lainey Wilson (performed by Lainey Wilson)
- "You Should Probably Leave" - Songwriters: Chris DuBois, Ashley Gorley, Chris Stapleton (performed by Chris Stapleton)
Female Vocalist of the Year
- Miranda Lambert
- Ashley McBryde
- Carly Pearce
- Carrie Underwood
- Lainey Wilson **WINNER** (her first win in the category)
Male Vocalist of the Year
- Eric Church
- Luke Combs
- Cody Johnson
- Chris Stapleton **WINNER** (his sixth win in the category)
- Morgan Wallen
Vocal Group of the Year
- Lady A
- Little Big Town
- Old Dominion **WINNER** (their fifth win in the category...and we're talking consecutively)
- Zac Brown Band
Vocal Duo of the Year
- Brooks & Dunn
- Brothers Osborne **WINNER** (their fifth win in the category)
- Dan + Shay
- Maddie & Tae
New Artist of the Year
- Walker Hayes
- Cody Johnson
- Parker McCollum
- Lainey Wilson **WINNER**
Musical Event of the Year
- "Beers On Me" - Dierks Bentley with BRELAND & HARDY (Producers: Dierks Bentley, Ross Copperman)
- "If I Didn't Love You" - Jason Aldean & Carrie Underwood (Producer: Michael Knox)
- "Longneck Way To Go" - Midland (featuring Jon Pardi) (Producers: Dann Huff, Shane McAnally, Josh Osborne)
- "Never Say Never" - Cole Swindell (with Lainey Wilson) (Producer: Zach Crowell)
- "Never Wanted To Be That Girl" - Carly Pearce and Ashley McBryde (Producers: Shane McAnally, Josh Osborne) **WINNER**
Music Video of the Year
- "I Bet You Think About Me" (Taylor’s Version) (From The Vault) - Taylor Swift (featuring Chris Stapleton) (Director: Blake Lively)
- "Longneck Way To Go" - Midland (featuring Jon Pardi) (Director: Harper Smith)
- "Never Say Never" - Cole Swindell (with Lainey Wilson) (Director: Michael Monaco)
- "Never Wanted To Be That Girl" - Carly Pearce and Ashley McBryde (Director: Alexa Campbell)
- "'Til You Can't" - Cody Johnson (Director: Dustin Haney) **WINNER**