There are some creative tax payers out there.
Experts don’t recommend this, but there have been some interesting deductions people have made… and gotten away with. Here are a few:
- A gas station owner in Oklahoma successfully deducted beer used in a promotion for his business.
- Breast implants have been successfully deducted
- Massage therapists and body builders can deduct body oil
- Depending on your job, hair dye can be a deduction
- If you have a guard dog or a cat serving as pest control for a business you MAY be able to deduct pet food
- A swimming pool MAY be deducted if it’s a medical expense, but you have to go through hoops for this one
Tax Day is coming up on April 18th, so don’t forget to file!