We expect a lot from our computers.
They’re for work, gaming, creating art of any kind, and so much more. When they start slowing down, we get frustrated… but there are fixes! The first thing to know is you can’t put something into a device (of any kind) without taking something out.
Here’s how to spring clean your computer. Feel free to use this info for other devices if it applies.
- If your memory is at 20-percent left, it’s time to clean it up. Your pc could slow down by as much as 50-percent when it approaches full status
- Too many programs or apps. Close the apps you aren’t using or delete the ones you never touch
- Viruses or malware. Run a virus scan to see if it’s infected
- Run a disk cleanup to dump unnecessary stuff
- Get alternative storage and use it