In case you missed it...
Alan Jackson is hitting the road again. The singer just announced dates for his new “Last Call: One More for the Road Tour,” which kicks off this summer. “I’ve always admired my heroes like George Jones, Merle Haggard, Loretta Lynn and Charley Pride who just played as much as they wanted to, as long as they could,” Alan shares. “I’ve always thought I’d like to do that, and I’d like to as long as my health will allow,” noting, “I’ll try to do as much as I can, but if I’m comin’ your way, come see me….” The tour launches June 24th in Biloxi, Mississippi, wrapping October 8th in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Tickets for most shows go on sale Friday. Check out the first few dates below and click here for the complete schedule.
- June 24: Biloxi, MS - Mississippi Coast Coliseum
- June 25: Knoxville, TN - Thompson-Boling Arena
- July 29: St. Paul, MN - Xcel Energy Center
- July 30: Grand Forks, ND - Alerus Center
- August 12: Savannah, GA - Enmarket Arena
- August 13: Greenville, SC- Bon Secours Wellness Arena
- August 26: Lincoln, NE - Pinnacle Bank Arena
- August 27: Kansas City, MO - T-Mobile Center
- September 9: Lexington, KY- Rupp Arena
- September 10: Greensboro, NC - Greensboro Coliseum
A lot of artists have covered Dolly Parton songs, but who is someone Dolly wishes would record one of her tunes? In the past Dolly has said she'd love to hear Beyonce cover "Jolene," and in case you missed it, during an appearance on “The Daily Show with Trevor Noah,” she explained why. “I think she’s fantastic and beautiful, and I love her music,” Dolly shared. “I would just love to hear ‘Jolene’ done in just a big way, kind of like how Whitney [Houston] did my ‘I Will Always Love You,’ just someone that can take my little songs and make them like powerhouses. Dolly added, “That would be a marvelous day in my life if she ever does do ‘Jolene.’” Let’s hope Bey gets the message…