In case you missed it...
The 57th Annual ACM Awards returns to Las Vegas tonight, and it’s shaping up to be quite the evening. This year's show will be hosted by Dolly Parton, Gabby Barrett, and Jimmie Allen, with the show taking place at Allegiant Stadium, and airing live for the first time ever on Amazon Prime (8 pm). Of course, the ACMs will be chock-full of performances, including:
- Kelly Clarkson will pay tribute to Dolly with a performance of “I Will Always Love You.”
- Thomas Rhett will perform “Slow Down Summer,” and will be joined by Breland for “Praise The Lord.”
- Brothers Osborne will perform “Skeletons,” and will be joined by Brittney Spencer for “These Boots Were Made For Walking.”
- Maren Morris will perform her latest single “Circles Around This Town” for the first time.
- Walker Hayes will get the crowd dancing with “Fancy Like” and “AA.”
- Gabby Barrett and Jimmie Allen will pay tribute to Sin City with “Viva Las Vegas” and “Let’s Go To Vegas.”
- Jimmie will also give the debut performance of his new single “Down Home."
- And Gabby will perform “I Hope You Dance,” reprising her 2018 "American Idol."
- Kane Brown will perform his just released single “Leave You Alone.”
- Luke Bryan will perform "Up," and will join Jordan Davis for their number one hit, “Buy Dirt.”
- Parmalee and Blanco Brown will be joined by Brooke Eden for “Just The Way."
- Carly Pearce and Ashley McBride will perform their duet “Never Wanted To Be That Grl.”
- Chris Young will perform "Raised on Country,” and he’ll join Mitchell Tenpenny for “At The End of a Bar.”
- Other artists confirmed to perform include Eric Church, Chris Stapleton, Lady A, Dolly with Kelsea Ballerini, Jason Aldean, and Carrie Underwood.
Presenters for this year’s telecast include Jason Aldean and Mickey Guyton, along with “Reacher’s” Alan Ritchson, Las Vegas Raiders quarterback Derek Carr, comedian Guy Torry, author James Patterson, “Yellowstone’s” Kelsey Asbille and Luke Grimes and more. As for this year’s nominees, Chris Young leads the pack with seven nominations including Album of the Year and Single of the Year for his Kane Brown collab “Famous Friends.” Coming in just behind him are Chris Stapleton and Walker Hayes with five and Miranda Lambert with four, including a nod for Entertainer of the Year and her record-tying 16th Female Artist of the Year nomination. (She’s tied with Reba McEntire.) Joining Miranda in the Entertainer of the Year category are Carrie Underwood, Eric Church, Luke Combs, and Chris Stapleton. And two of the winners have already been announced, with Parker McCollum and Lainey Wilson wining New Artist, Male & Female, respectively. Miranda Lambert surprised both with the news.
Ashley Monroe just shared some great news with fans. As we told you, back in December Ashley finished chemo to battle a rare form of blood cancer called “waldenstrom macroglobulinemia,” which is a type of non-Hodgkin lymphoma. Well, now she’s gotten a good health report from her doctor. "I had my PET scans and labs on February 24. My 6th chemo sessions were December 14 and 15, so these tests were the 'let's see if that worked' kind," she shared on Insta. "Well IT DID! My blood work looked amazing and normal and so did my scans!" And while her cancer is incurable, she is still optimistic about her latest health report. "They say this kind is incurable, but I'm just gonna believe it IS curable, and it's gone forever," she wrote. "That was truly one of the most difficult seasons of my life. I didn't know it was possible to feel so sick and defeated. BUT, I believe it was meant to be and I know it has made me a better person."