WLLR is teaming up with Pinnacle Country Club to help raise money for the Genesis Foundation...by auctioning off a one-year Pinnacle Country Club membership! The reserve price is $200...and a portion of your bid MAY be tax deductible.
Make your bid anytime weekdays between 5am and 6pm...and Saturdays 7am to 1pm. Call 563-359-WLLR to place your bid...thru Friday, March 31, 2017. Check back here daily to see the top bid.
HOW IT WORKS
- WLLR is conducting an on-air auction to raise money for the Genesis Foundation. The auction item up for bid has been donated by Pinnacle Country Club, and 100% of the winning bid amount will go directly to Genesis Foundation.
- Auction begins on March 20, 2017 and runs until 6pm CDST March 31, 2017.
- Bids will only take by phone at 563-359-9557 during these hours: Monday through Friday 5am to 6pm, Saturday 7am to 1pm CDST. All bidders must provide WLLR with their full name, address and best daytime phone number.
- Minimum bid: $200 to participate in the auction.
- All bidders must be 21 or older.
- Auction Item Description. Please read full description including requirements of membership:
- A one (1) year Pinnacle Country Club membership. Pinnacle is located at 11928 Knoxville Road, Milan IL. Maximum value $2,880 annually.
- Membership consists of use of the facilities including unlimited golf as well as use of clubhouse and dining room (subject to Pinnacle CC member regulations).
- There are additional costs associated with this membership including a mandatory $110 annual practice range fee, and depending on membership category, a monthly food and beverage minimum ranging from $35 to $75.
- Gas Cart Fees of $15 per round played.
- Entry fees to all tournaments and special events/outings are the sole responsibility of the member.
- Top bidder of this auction item will be billed by Pinnacle Country Club monthly for all expenses incurred in the clubhouse and pro shop.
- Membership good April 1, 2017 thru March 31, 2018.
- This membership is non-transferable and cannot be re-sold.
- Final bidding procedure: On March 31 at 5:50pm, WLLR will review all bids to that point in the auction. If the then-top bid is greater than $100 more than the next-high bid(s), he/she will be determined to be the winner of the auction. If the top bid at 5:50pm is LESS than $100 more than the next bidder(s), WLLR will contact that bidder, as well as any bidders within $100 of the then-current top bid amount. These individuals will be given the opportunity to be part of the final bidding process, consisting of a phone conference among these top bidders to discuss who will agree to pay the most for the item, with the stated goal of raising the most possible for the Genesis Foundation.
ABOUT THE GENESIS FOUNDATION
Genesis Health Services Foundation (GHSF) engages donors to save lives, cure the sick, relieve suffering, comfort the dying, bring new life to birth, and keep people healthy. Our donors' impact is local, affecting their families and neighbors living in the Eastern Iowa, Western Illinois communities served by the Genesis Health System (GHS).
Noteworthy accomplishments of generous donors through the Genesis Health Services Foundation in just the past ten years:
- More than $1 million in direct patient charity care through the Jane Folwell Heart of Mercy Fund
- More than $750,000 in direct grants to employees in crisis through the Bressanelli Employee Emergency Assistance Fund
- More than $1 million in nursing scholarships and continuing education grants
- Continued support of the Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House, following the successful $7 million capital campaign to construct the home for end-of-life care
- Participation in construction of the St. Ambrose University Center for Health Sciences through a $1 million capital grant
- Vaccination of nearly 10,000 school children annually, free, through Flu-Free Quad Cities
- Annual scholarships and awards available to 5500 employees of GHS for their for own mission activity and for their children's or grandchildren's education in science, technology, engineering or math
- Inauguration of Genesis Philanthropy, to raise and grant funds for regional population health initiatives, which has included Family Connects (home nursing visits for new mothers) and a program to reduce metabolic syndrome.